Following an eventful 2013 the ShippingWatch desk will be closed on December 31st 2013 and January 1st 2014.
We will be back at full throttle on January 2nd, on www.shippingwatch.com and with our newsletter every afternoon - Monday to Friday - at 4 PM.
- We have interviewed the Chairman of the US maritime authority FMC, the Federal Maritime Commission, Mario Cordero, following the summit between the EU, China, and the United States on December 17th concerning global container trade in general and the P3 alliance - between Maersk Line, MSC, and CMA CGM - in particular.
- We bring a portrait of the new female president of the Danish Shipowners' Association, Anne Steffensen. There is a noticeable difference between her and her predecessor.
- CEO Mikael Skov talks about Hafnia Tankers entry onto the stage in 2014.
- We explain how the shipping companies are positioning themselves prior to the new sulphur regulation that will come into force in a year.
- ShippingWatch's new economic panel presents its evaluation of the tanker market.
These are just a few appetizers for the first days of 2014. Most importantly, we will continue our focused coverage of the maritime industry with an emphasis on players in Northern Europe.
- Happy New Year
- Tomas Kristiansen