ShippingWatch

Container ships are now even worse at arriving on time

More container ships became worse at arriving on time in September. On the major tradelanes from Asia to the US, schedule reliability dropped below 50 percent, says shipping analyst Lars Jensen.

Photo: Tanja Carstens Lund

Container ships became even worse at arriving on time in September, show new numbers from Sea-Intelligence.

The numbers show that just 56 percent of container ships arrived on time in September. The remaining 44 percent arrived on average 4.8 days too late.

Read the whole article

Get 14 days free access.
No credit card required.

An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from ShippingWatch

Employee at Bunker Holding subsidiary charged for alleged corruption

A trader at KPI Oceanconnect, a subsidiary of Bunker Holding, has been charged with alleged corruption totaling at least USD 191,250 as rewards for nominating Straits for the supply of bunker fuel to KPI's customers. The employee has been suspended and his contract terminated, the company informs ShippingWatch.

Freight rates for furniture eat up almost entire profit

The price of shipping a 40-foot container with assembled furniture from Asia to the US West Coast is currently so high that freight rates make up almost 100 percent of the furniture's retail value, according to Sea-Intelligence.

Wallem Group appoints new CEO

Wallem Group appoints interim CEO since January 2021 as the new chief executive officer of the ship management company.

Further reading

Related articles

Trial banner

Latest news

See all jobs