ShippingWatch

John Fredriksen buys majority stake in Solstad company

Solstad-owned shipping company Dess Aquaculture gets NOK 700 million in a share capital increase that is to finance a newbuild program. The emission means that two companies controlled by John Fredriksen will constitute the major part of the shipping company.

Dess Aquaculture, which is partly owned by financially struggling Solstad Offshore, gets NOK 700 million (USD 82 million) in a capital share increase which leaves the majority of the shipping company in the hands of John Fredriksen, reports Dagens Næringsliv.

The two John Fredriksen-controlled companies, Hemen Holding and Marine Harvest, constitute the majority of Dess Aquaculture. After the emission, Hemen Holding will own 50 percent of the company, whereas Marine Harvest will own 30 percent. Thus, the two companies jointly own 80 percent, and the remaining 20 percent is owned by Solstad Offshore.

Read the whole article

Get 14 days free access.
No credit card required.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from ShippingWatch

3i buys AMP out of Esvagt

Private equity firm 3i, which owns half of carrier Esvagt, has agreed with the company's second owner, AMP Capital, to take over all of Esvagt for GBP 268 million, making 3i the sole owner. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2022.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest news

See all jobs